Thursday, June 18, 2015

Parfum de la mort

Scent is a strong thing, it can evoke a memory, make you hungry, feel safe, or attracted to someone. To this day when I smell scotch tape it reminds me of Christmas. It always brings me back to a specific Christmas taping lights in a window. Sometimes when I smell something and it tickles a memory that I just can't place. It will bug me until I wake up in the middle of the night and finally remember.  The smell of my boyfriend makes me feel relaxed, loved and safe. I would miss that smell if something were to happen to him.
A woman who lost her husband kept his pillowcase to smell him, gave her daughter, Katia Apalategui the idea to bottle a person's scent. She got together with Le Havre University and they have worked out a technique to do just that.
Read more here.

Read about another interesting study on smell and political leanings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment